Women Who is joining forces with artist and print designer Kelly Anna for an International Women’s Day event. Held at Downstairs at Mother on International Women’s Day – Wednesday 8 March – the event will take the form of an interactive print design workshop headed up by Kelly Anna, who is currently in the midst of a project with Nike Women. The evening will see sets from NTS DJs Pia and Zezi Ifore, with cocktails by Rita’s Missy Flynn.
Women Who is a URL and IRL platform for women working in the creative industries set up last year by writer and brand consultant Otegha Uwagba. Otegha’s book, Little Black Book: A Toolkit for Working Women is set for publication by Harper Collins’ 4th Estate later this year. Kelly Anna is a London-based multidisciplinary artist, whose work we championed on It’s Nice That earlier this month. Fittingly, the duo tell us that they met for the first time at Nicer Tuesdays back in August!
Tickets for the event are available here.
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Sam Taylor on creating a triptych of weekly illustrations for tech mag T3
- Leah Gordon photographs the Freemasons of contemporary Haiti
- Activism, raving and vintage cookbooks – highlights from Nicer Tuesdays June
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy