Women Who is joining forces with artist and print designer Kelly Anna for an International Women’s Day event. Held at Downstairs at Mother on International Women’s Day – Wednesday 8 March – the event will take the form of an interactive print design workshop headed up by Kelly Anna, who is currently in the midst of a project with Nike Women. The evening will see sets from NTS DJs Pia and Zezi Ifore, with cocktails by Rita’s Missy Flynn.
Women Who is a URL and IRL platform for women working in the creative industries set up last year by writer and brand consultant Otegha Uwagba. Otegha’s book, Little Black Book: A Toolkit for Working Women is set for publication by Harper Collins’ 4th Estate later this year. Kelly Anna is a London-based multidisciplinary artist, whose work we championed on It’s Nice That earlier this month. Fittingly, the duo tell us that they met for the first time at Nicer Tuesdays back in August!
Tickets for the event are available here.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU