Women Who is joining forces with artist and print designer Kelly Anna for an International Women’s Day event. Held at Downstairs at Mother on International Women’s Day – Wednesday 8 March – the event will take the form of an interactive print design workshop headed up by Kelly Anna, who is currently in the midst of a project with Nike Women. The evening will see sets from NTS DJs Pia and Zezi Ifore, with cocktails by Rita’s Missy Flynn.
Women Who is a URL and IRL platform for women working in the creative industries set up last year by writer and brand consultant Otegha Uwagba. Otegha’s book, Little Black Book: A Toolkit for Working Women is set for publication by Harper Collins’ 4th Estate later this year. Kelly Anna is a London-based multidisciplinary artist, whose work we championed on It’s Nice That earlier this month. Fittingly, the duo tell us that they met for the first time at Nicer Tuesdays back in August!
Tickets for the event are available here.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label