Wieden + Kennedy Portland has created this spot for Samsung’s new Galaxy S7 which stars Wesley Snipes, Lil Wayne and William H. Macy among many other cameos. Titled, Why? the ad sees people questioning why their phones can’t be more powerful, have a longer-lasting battery, bigger memory, or be waterproof, all the new features in the new Galaxy S7.
A mix of celebs and self-mockery the ad strikes the balance well with highlights including Lil Wayne dousing his phone in champagne while it breaks and asking “How am I supposed to show how rich and carefree I am?”
The spot was first broadcast during ABC’s Academy Awards coverage on Sunday and is part of a series of ads that show off the features of the phone more specifically.
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris