Wieden + Kennedy Portland has created this spot for Samsung’s new Galaxy S7 which stars Wesley Snipes, Lil Wayne and William H. Macy among many other cameos. Titled, Why? the ad sees people questioning why their phones can’t be more powerful, have a longer-lasting battery, bigger memory, or be waterproof, all the new features in the new Galaxy S7.
A mix of celebs and self-mockery the ad strikes the balance well with highlights including Lil Wayne dousing his phone in champagne while it breaks and asking “How am I supposed to show how rich and carefree I am?”
The spot was first broadcast during ABC’s Academy Awards coverage on Sunday and is part of a series of ads that show off the features of the phone more specifically.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again