The deadline for entries to The Webby Awards has been extended until 27 January, meaning you have a couple of extra weeks to be considered for the globally recognised prize.
The annual awards, now in its 21st year, recognises excellence across six types: websites; advertising, media and PR; film and video; mobile sites and apps; social; and podcasts and digital audio. Winners are selected by members of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, based on criteria including creativity, engagement, reach and functionality. There are over 100 categories, in which each entrant has two chances to win: by judging panel vote and public vote.
Last year’s awards honoured 378 winners including a star-studded line-up for the Special Achievement prizes, such as Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner, who were recognised for their work on Lenny Letter.
Alicia Garza, Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors, founders of the #BlackLivesMatter organisation, were awarded The Webby Social Movement of the Year for their roles in the Black Lives Matter movement.
R/GA was named Agency of the Year, and The Onion was given the Lifetime Achievement award.
Shane Smith, founder and CEO of Vice Media, was handed the Webby for Best Cultural Website by rapper Action Bronson (pictured above).
Entries close 27 January 2017; find out more about the competition and criteria here.
- Swedish artist Ekta reconsiders simple geometric shapes
- Rob Bailey talks through creating over 40 posters for London Underground
- Costa Rican illustrator Adrian Mangel draws the modern American landscape
- Ellen van Engelen takes us on a trip with her psychedelic illustrations
- Swiss creative agency Raffinerie displays expertise in graphic and type design
- The It’s Nice That Podcast: Discussing the form and function of money
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know