Award-winning choreographer and director, Wayne McGregor, and renowned creators of the Rain Room installation, Random International, have collaborated on a new immersive installation titled +/- Human, which will premiere on 9 August.
+/- Human will open at London’s Roundhouse for the Bloomberg Summer event series. According to the organisers, the new work “will see visitors surrounded by a mysterious flock of flying spheres, programmed using complex algorithms and motion sensors to react intelligently to their surroundings”. This will be a gathering of technology, bodies and electronic music – composed by Mark Pritchard – to explore how machinery interacts and move with humans.
As host to a variety of names, +/- Human will display exclusive dance performances devised by Wayne, alongside specially created sonic creations from Warp Records artists, such as Clark, Gaika, Mark and Lorenzo Senni.
Wayne previously collaborated with Random International when the Rain Room was at London’s Barbican in 2012, where he choreographed a performance for the installation set to music by Max Richter.
+/- Human opens 9 – 28 August. Tickets are available here.
- Hold Me Closer Tiny Dancer: the Stein sisters’ heart-warming film on child ballroom stars
- Three female art directors on collaboration, competition and confidence
- Pooneh Ghana’s ambient crowd and artist portraits from Pitchfork Music Festival make you wish you were there
- Julian Glander explains what a blockchain system is for MIT Technology Review
- “It’s a process of baby-making”: designing the horrific and hilarious multiverse of Rick and Morty
- Pouya Ahmadi uses typography to “bridge the gap between poetry, performance and space"
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus