Award-winning choreographer and director, Wayne McGregor, and renowned creators of the Rain Room installation, Random International, have collaborated on a new immersive installation titled +/- Human, which will premiere on 9 August.
+/- Human will open at London’s Roundhouse for the Bloomberg Summer event series. According to the organisers, the new work “will see visitors surrounded by a mysterious flock of flying spheres, programmed using complex algorithms and motion sensors to react intelligently to their surroundings”. This will be a gathering of technology, bodies and electronic music – composed by Mark Pritchard – to explore how machinery interacts and move with humans.
As host to a variety of names, +/- Human will display exclusive dance performances devised by Wayne, alongside specially created sonic creations from Warp Records artists, such as Clark, Gaika, Mark and Lorenzo Senni.
Wayne previously collaborated with Random International when the Rain Room was at London’s Barbican in 2012, where he choreographed a performance for the installation set to music by Max Richter.
+/- Human opens 9 – 28 August. Tickets are available here.
- M/M (Paris) and the ongoing conversations that define its practice
- Mari Kanstad Johnson's wonderful work picks apart complex narratives
- Bradley Pinkerton’s projects combine handmade gestures with scanned-in textures
- Roberts Rurans uses acrylic paint to add depth and warmth to his illustrations
- The prodigal return of “iconoclastic” artist Danny Fox
- Jump into the world of Ben Jones’ post-internet, psychedelic paintings
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books