The Guardian has published its university guide for 2018, accompanied by illustrations by Adam Avery, animated by Simon Roberts. The league table ranks UK universities overall and based on 54 subject areas, and can be filtered by a specific course, region and institution.
It is based on a Guardian score out of 100, a rating based on a combination of criteria – are also listed separately – including satisfaction with course, teaching and feedback, student to staff ratio, spend per student, average entry tariff, value added and whether students have a career after six months.
Dundee tops the list for design and crafts, followed by Loughborough, Goldsmiths and Kent (joint third), Leeds College of Art, Portsmouth, Leeds, Kingston, Northumbria and Manchester Met.
The top ten for art in ranking order is UCL, Newcastle, Oxford, Oxford Brookes, Leeds, Goldsmiths and Kingston (joint sixth), Nottingham Trent, Northampton and Aberystwyth.
For film production and photography, the top ten is Coventry, Middlesex, Glasgow, Bristol, Reading, UWE Bristol, University for the Creative Arts (in Farnham), Edinburgh Napier, York and Royal Holloway.
Loughborough is top for fashion and textiles followed by Kingston, Dundee, Manchester Met, Falmouth, University for the Creative Arts, Nottingham Trent, Portsmouth, Staffordshire and University of the Arts London.
Read the full guide here.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU