Sagmeister & Walsh has added 70 products to its Pins Won’t Save the World project, now raising money for “causes which could be threatened by the Trump Administration”.
The initial project was launched ahead of the US presidential election to protest Donald Trump, encourage people to vote for Hillary Clinton and to “promote love, tolerance and kindness”. It raised $25,000 for Amnesty International in less than a month and a half.
“After Trump was elected president, we knew we had to keep the project going,” says Jessica Walsh. “With this new batch, we will be donating all proceeds to Planned Parenthood, the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, ACLU, International Refugee Assistance Project, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, and the Trevor Project.”
The new products include pins, stickers, tote bags and other accessories by well-known illustrators and designers including Jan Buchczik, Jing Wei, John Slade, Matteo Pani, Mike Perry, Paola Saliby, Timothy Goodman, Virginia Zamora, Vittorio Perotti, Giulia Zoavo, and Zipeng Zhu, plus some designed in-house.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris