Saatchi & Saatchi has launched an advert for new dog product brand Hindquarters, starring a series of hounds “twerking” provocatively. The agency has teamed up with Basement Jaxx offshoot, Geranimo & Mikey, to provide music for the ad with a specially created track called Walk the Dog.
Directed by Tom Beard, the spot “takes a pop promo style approach to capitalise on the popularity of music genre videos consumed online,” says Saatch & Saatchi. Hindquarters provides high-end handcrafted products like luxury dog beds, dog collars, leads and bowls and the ad aims to build awareness of the brand with a playful touch.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again