Raf Simons has revealed the new logo for American fashion brand Calvin Klein on Instagram. The logo is an artful redesign by Raf Simons in collaboration with Peter Saville, and is one of Raf’s first outputs as creative director.
The logo is a subtle redesign, capitalising the lettering, using a new typeface and closer spacing. The fashion label described the new logo as, “A return to the spirit of the original. An acknowledgement of the founder and foundations of the fashion house.”
It was announced in August last year that Raf was to become the new creative director of Calvin Klein, following his role as creative director of womenswear at Dior. His first collection will debut in Fall 2017 shows.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books