Raf Simons has revealed the new logo for American fashion brand Calvin Klein on Instagram. The logo is an artful redesign by Raf Simons in collaboration with Peter Saville, and is one of Raf’s first outputs as creative director.
The logo is a subtle redesign, capitalising the lettering, using a new typeface and closer spacing. The fashion label described the new logo as, “A return to the spirit of the original. An acknowledgement of the founder and foundations of the fashion house.”
It was announced in August last year that Raf was to become the new creative director of Calvin Klein, following his role as creative director of womenswear at Dior. His first collection will debut in Fall 2017 shows.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors