Raf Simons is one of fashion’s most repeated names. Formerly creative director at Christian Dior now chief creative officer at Calvin Klein, Raf has been name-checked by Frank Ocean, Vic Mensa, Big Sean, A$AP Rocky and Rihanna, starred in Frédéric Tcheng’s 2014 documentary Dior & I, co-directed a video for The XX with Alasdair McLellan and redesigned Calvin Klein’s iconic logo with the help of Peter Saville.
Hot on the heels of Prada’s £140 paper clip, Balenciaga re-worked Ikea bags at £1,125 and the unforgettable Supreme brick which now sells for over $1,000 on Ebay, fashion’s latest cult product comes in the form of something we will surely all need at some point in our lives: custom printed duct tape. Available in black printed with red text reading “WALK WITH ME”, and white tape reading “RSYP YOUTH PROJECT”, the duct tape is retailing at a cool $250 CAD on online shop Roden Gray.
Raf’s “derelicte” duct tape is presumably intended to be used as an unconventional belt (for his A/W17 runway, the designer styled coats wrapped in swathes of tape), we can’t help that think you might be better off printing your own.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books