The xx have released the new video for track I Dare You, co-directed by Raf Simons and Alasdair McLellan. The project’s impressive list of collaborators doesn’t stop there, with Another Man fashion editor Ellie Grace Cumming behind the styling, and Paris Jackson, Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown and Moonlight star Ashton Sanders starring in the cinematic story.
According to the band, the video is their “love letter to Los Angeles”, where they wrote and recorded parts of album I See You. It features a long intro setting up the narrative about a kid missing school, and visually celebrates the city’s iconic landscape. It is the third of their videos to be directed by Alasdair, with creative concept and direction by Raf, who the band say is “a hero” of theirs.
Following his departure from Dior, Raf took over as chief creative officer at Calvin Klein and presented his first collection for the label in February 2017. The video is cited as “Made in collaboration with Raf Simons for Calvin Klein”, and also stars Ernesto Cervantes and Lulu.
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books