The xx have released the new video for track I Dare You, co-directed by Raf Simons and Alasdair McLellan. The project’s impressive list of collaborators doesn’t stop there, with Another Man fashion editor Ellie Grace Cumming behind the styling, and Paris Jackson, Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown and Moonlight star Ashton Sanders starring in the cinematic story.
According to the band, the video is their “love letter to Los Angeles”, where they wrote and recorded parts of album I See You. It features a long intro setting up the narrative about a kid missing school, and visually celebrates the city’s iconic landscape. It is the third of their videos to be directed by Alasdair, with creative concept and direction by Raf, who the band say is “a hero” of theirs.
Following his departure from Dior, Raf took over as chief creative officer at Calvin Klein and presented his first collection for the label in February 2017. The video is cited as “Made in collaboration with Raf Simons for Calvin Klein”, and also stars Ernesto Cervantes and Lulu.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s