Illustrator Polly Nor and animator Andy Baker have partnered their creative capabilities in a striking new music video for Halfway to Nowhere by Chelou.
In October we championed Polly’s illustrations advising that her drawings full of personality were ideal to be animated. Brilliantly, Polly has teamed up with with animator aficionado Andy to bring her drawings to life, illustrating the content sung within Chelou’s single.
The video, like many of Polly’s illustrations, animates the inner anxieties of the female mind with a devil character that takes over the female body. The devil ventures on a journey through the jungle to be soothed by a floating guitarist singing along the words to Halfway to Nowhere.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s