Illustrator Polly Nor and animator Andy Baker have partnered their creative capabilities in a striking new music video for Halfway to Nowhere by Chelou.
In October we championed Polly’s illustrations advising that her drawings full of personality were ideal to be animated. Brilliantly, Polly has teamed up with with animator aficionado Andy to bring her drawings to life, illustrating the content sung within Chelou’s single.
The video, like many of Polly’s illustrations, animates the inner anxieties of the female mind with a devil character that takes over the female body. The devil ventures on a journey through the jungle to be soothed by a floating guitarist singing along the words to Halfway to Nowhere.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books