Artist Petra Collins has directed Selena Gomez’ latest video Fetish, a brazenly pared-back, glossy and soft-focus film showing just the singer’s mouth. Relying purely on a single shot, the video’s dreamy allure comes from its details: the twinkle of her earring, the sheen of her lip gloss, the movement of her lips and, occasionally, her manicured fingers. It accompanies the sultry track, which also features trap god Gucci Mane.
Petra recently curated an evening at New York’s MoMA, exploring the representation of the female body in contemporary and historical culture, including music. The filmmaker and photographer also previously shot Selena’s Bad Liar artwork, showing the singer lying on a bed wearing a hospital bracelet, as well as for Wonderland’s 10th anniversary cover in 2015.
She’s also directed videos for Carly Rae Jepsen and Lil Yachty, plus fashion films for Gucci Eyewear and Nordstrom. One of Petra’s earlier photo series, for which she became known for, is The Teenage Gaze, a personal project depicting the realities of youth.
- “Noise, exertion and rebellion”: Ari Marcopoulos’ latest exhibition, Machine
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Greg Barth puts world peace to a public vote in satirical film, Epic Fail
- Julia Petrova conveys mystery and darkness in her landscape illustrations
- Deividas Buivydas documents Boston, Lincolnshire, a town known as “the face of Brexit"
- Justin Sloane applies his blunt and nuanced ethos to multidisciplinary design
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s