Artist Petra Collins has directed Selena Gomez’ latest video Fetish, a brazenly pared-back, glossy and soft-focus film showing just the singer’s mouth. Relying purely on a single shot, the video’s dreamy allure comes from its details: the twinkle of her earring, the sheen of her lip gloss, the movement of her lips and, occasionally, her manicured fingers. It accompanies the sultry track, which also features trap god Gucci Mane.
Petra recently curated an evening at New York’s MoMA, exploring the representation of the female body in contemporary and historical culture, including music. The filmmaker and photographer also previously shot Selena’s Bad Liar artwork, showing the singer lying on a bed wearing a hospital bracelet, as well as for Wonderland’s 10th anniversary cover in 2015.
She’s also directed videos for Carly Rae Jepsen and Lil Yachty, plus fashion films for Gucci Eyewear and Nordstrom. One of Petra’s earlier photo series, for which she became known for, is The Teenage Gaze, a personal project depicting the realities of youth.
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books