Nike has revealed the designs for a significant expansion to its headquarters in Beaverton Oregon. Estimated for completion in 2018 the 297000 m2 expansion has been designed by ZGF Architects, SRG partnership and Skylab architecture with the landscape designed by Place Studio. The new development is the latest expansion of the site that opened in 1990 and doubled its footprint in 2001. The new buildings will provide office, mixed use and parking spaces.
“The architecture itself takes inspiration from human movement, speed and the strength and energy of competition,” says Nike. “A beacon serves as a campus center while spanning structures radiating from the tower pay homage to Nike’s namesake, the winged goddess of victory.”
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU