Creative agency Aesop has created this spot for NHS Blood and Transplant to motivate people to have honest conversations about organ donations. In time for Valentine’s Day, the ad depicts couples out to dinner with one person sharing their innermost thoughts, making for some uncomfortable but funny moments. The ad is part of the NHS’ Better Left Unsaid campaign, and hopes to encourage people to register as organ donors but to also let their loved ones know.
Creative director at Aesop Stephen Lynch says: “For many people raising the subject of organ donation is not an easy thing to do… We chose a humorous approach to cut through and make the sharing of one’s organ donor decision feel like a simple and easy thing to do.”
The ad is one of three films which are being launched across Facebook, YouTube and Instagram this week in the lead up to Valentine’s Day.
- Helen Eunhwa Oh’s vivid illustrations draw the eccentricities from everyday life
- Diane Deschenaux’s abstract images explore Switzerland's farming industry
- Is postgraduate study right for you? A handy guide to help you decide
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy