Creative agency Aesop has created this spot for NHS Blood and Transplant to motivate people to have honest conversations about organ donations. In time for Valentine’s Day, the ad depicts couples out to dinner with one person sharing their innermost thoughts, making for some uncomfortable but funny moments. The ad is part of the NHS’ Better Left Unsaid campaign, and hopes to encourage people to register as organ donors but to also let their loved ones know.
Creative director at Aesop Stephen Lynch says: “For many people raising the subject of organ donation is not an easy thing to do… We chose a humorous approach to cut through and make the sharing of one’s organ donor decision feel like a simple and easy thing to do.”
The ad is one of three films which are being launched across Facebook, YouTube and Instagram this week in the lead up to Valentine’s Day.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again