On Thursday 4 February we’re hosting an event with Uniqlo and four creatives to celebrate New Perspectives. Illustrator and art director Jesse Auersalo, artist Nick Veasey, photographer Rebecca Scheinberg and digital artist Thomas Traum will all be there to talk about how they tackled the New Perspectives brief and what goes into working on a project like this.
As part of our recent partnership with Uniqlo celebrating LifeWear, we asked these four creatives with wildly different ways of working to represent a Uniqlo garment of their choosing in an entirely new way. From Nick Veasey’s eerie x-rays of a down parka, to Thomas Traum’s surreal digital animations, the results have all been outstanding. Equally fascinating are their processes.
Join us for beers and pizza and to learn more about each work.
31 New Inn Yard
Sign up here!
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books