On Thursday 4 February we’re hosting an event with Uniqlo and four creatives to celebrate New Perspectives. Illustrator and art director Jesse Auersalo, artist Nick Veasey, photographer Rebecca Scheinberg and digital artist Thomas Traum will all be there to talk about how they tackled the New Perspectives brief and what goes into working on a project like this.
As part of our recent partnership with Uniqlo celebrating LifeWear, we asked these four creatives with wildly different ways of working to represent a Uniqlo garment of their choosing in an entirely new way. From Nick Veasey’s eerie x-rays of a down parka, to Thomas Traum’s surreal digital animations, the results have all been outstanding. Equally fascinating are their processes.
Join us for beers and pizza and to learn more about each work.
31 New Inn Yard
Sign up here!
- Beyond Dementia exhibition features artworks and curation by people with the condition
- Creatives' favourite music videos: the inspirational, forbidden and political
- Scott Sheffield examines tourism in the small towns surrounding America’s National Parks
- ECAL photography graduate Cécilia Poupon elevates everyday beauty
- Illustrator Franz Lang draws your daily struggles
- Graffiti, murals and design: Jake Foreman illustrates all mediums in new zine, Flash
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels