On Thursday 4 February we’re hosting an event with Uniqlo and four creatives to celebrate New Perspectives. Illustrator and art director Jesse Auersalo, artist Nick Veasey, photographer Rebecca Scheinberg and digital artist Thomas Traum will all be there to talk about how they tackled the New Perspectives brief and what goes into working on a project like this.
As part of our recent partnership with Uniqlo celebrating LifeWear, we asked these four creatives with wildly different ways of working to represent a Uniqlo garment of their choosing in an entirely new way. From Nick Veasey’s eerie x-rays of a down parka, to Thomas Traum’s surreal digital animations, the results have all been outstanding. Equally fascinating are their processes.
Join us for beers and pizza and to learn more about each work.
31 New Inn Yard
Sign up here!
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- From admirer to employee: The New York Times Magazine designer Ben Grandgenett
- Amina Bouajila’s illustrations flit between reality and limbo in colourful hues
- Rufus Newell uses curves and scribbles to depict Greek gods and heroes
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know