Some of It’s Nice That’s favourite illustrators including Jean Jullien and Stefan Marx have banded together for a new exhibition Sigh. Hosted at The Lodge Gallery, LA, artists will come together in discontent around the theme “sighing”. The gallery says: “Gathered here under our current air of malaise is a group of artists from near and far. Current mood: not content. Take your brain, it’s time to go. Sigh … is our collective sigh of the times.”
The artists included in the East Hollywood show are Kevin Christy, Brian DeGraw, Cheryl Dunn, Kate Grutman, Jean Jullien, Ana Kraš, Alice Lancaster, William Lemon III, William Loveless, Stefan Marx, Andrew Neuhues, Galen Pehrson, Vanessa Prager, Yogi Proctor, Eddie Ruscha, Nathaniel Russell, Alia Shawkat, Robbie Simon, Todd St. John and Autumn de Wilde.
The group exhibition is curated by LA-based multi-disciplinary creative illustrator, designer, photographer, filmmaker and self-confessed “chronic sigher” Andrew Neuhues. It will open on 1 April at The Lodge Gallery, LA, where it will run until 6 May.
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborn portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Lili des Bellons illustrates a fluoro world of monsters and robots
- Type tells Tales: Steven Heller and Gail Anderson explore the performative traits of type
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again