At the beginning of February, Mr Bingo announced a new limited edition service producing Valentine’s Day cards for single people. He described the occasion as “a day when all those smug couples tell each other how great they are and Pizza Express fills up with bored couples who probably should’ve split up years ago but they’re staying together because they can’t face the idea of existing in the cold, dark world on their own.
“Single people on Valentines day are a bit like homeless people on Christmas day,” he continued, “it’s a day to be reminded what you don’t have.” His response, he said, would be to make individually hand-drawn and signed Valentine’s Day cards just for single people. Purchasers had to choose one of three categories: romantic, creepy and filthy.
“If nobody else is gonna treat you, fuck it, you may as well treat yourself.”
Of course they sold out in a few hours, and we’ve been dying to see the results ever since. Luckily, Mr Bingo agreed to share a huge selection with It’s Nice That, which you can peruse below. They range – as promised – from sweet to cheeky to downright crude, all with Mr Bingo’s signature wryness.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again