System magazine’s eighth issue is dedicated to Miuccia Prada, with an extensive photoshoot by Juergen Teller capturing the fashion designer in her work place. Surprisingly unglamorous and industrial, the interior is photographed by Juergen in a raw and revealing style, paying special attention to Miuccia’s office slide, which begins next to her desk and ends in an outdoor courtyard.
The issue publishes a candid conversation between Miuccia and Raf Simons, in which they discuss self-censorship and running their own companies. She is also interviewed by stylist Katie Grand, writer and actress Tavi Gevinson and photographer Norbert Schoerner, as well as Juergen himself.
System issue eight is out today, accompanied by a newly launched website.
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos