System magazine’s eighth issue is dedicated to Miuccia Prada, with an extensive photoshoot by Juergen Teller capturing the fashion designer in her work place. Surprisingly unglamorous and industrial, the interior is photographed by Juergen in a raw and revealing style, paying special attention to Miuccia’s office slide, which begins next to her desk and ends in an outdoor courtyard.
The issue publishes a candid conversation between Miuccia and Raf Simons, in which they discuss self-censorship and running their own companies. She is also interviewed by stylist Katie Grand, writer and actress Tavi Gevinson and photographer Norbert Schoerner, as well as Juergen himself.
System issue eight is out today, accompanied by a newly launched website.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU