System magazine’s eighth issue is dedicated to Miuccia Prada, with an extensive photoshoot by Juergen Teller capturing the fashion designer in her work place. Surprisingly unglamorous and industrial, the interior is photographed by Juergen in a raw and revealing style, paying special attention to Miuccia’s office slide, which begins next to her desk and ends in an outdoor courtyard.
The issue publishes a candid conversation between Miuccia and Raf Simons, in which they discuss self-censorship and running their own companies. She is also interviewed by stylist Katie Grand, writer and actress Tavi Gevinson and photographer Norbert Schoerner, as well as Juergen himself.
System issue eight is out today, accompanied by a newly launched website.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label