System magazine’s eighth issue is dedicated to Miuccia Prada, with an extensive photoshoot by Juergen Teller capturing the fashion designer in her work place. Surprisingly unglamorous and industrial, the interior is photographed by Juergen in a raw and revealing style, paying special attention to Miuccia’s office slide, which begins next to her desk and ends in an outdoor courtyard.
The issue publishes a candid conversation between Miuccia and Raf Simons, in which they discuss self-censorship and running their own companies. She is also interviewed by stylist Katie Grand, writer and actress Tavi Gevinson and photographer Norbert Schoerner, as well as Juergen himself.
System issue eight is out today, accompanied by a newly launched website.
- Brooklyn-based Jyan Ku’s naive pastel works are oddly charming
- Jules de Balincourt’s vivid paintings of public spaces play with reality
- Harry Israelson photographs a renaissance fair in sunny California
- Pentagram’s Domenic Lippa designs the inaugural issue of YES & NO Magazine
- Introducing graphic designer Moonsick Gang
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again