System magazine’s eighth issue is dedicated to Miuccia Prada, with an extensive photoshoot by Juergen Teller capturing the fashion designer in her work place. Surprisingly unglamorous and industrial, the interior is photographed by Juergen in a raw and revealing style, paying special attention to Miuccia’s office slide, which begins next to her desk and ends in an outdoor courtyard.
The issue publishes a candid conversation between Miuccia and Raf Simons, in which they discuss self-censorship and running their own companies. She is also interviewed by stylist Katie Grand, writer and actress Tavi Gevinson and photographer Norbert Schoerner, as well as Juergen himself.
System issue eight is out today, accompanied by a newly launched website.
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for MailChimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris