Newcastle alt-pop band Maximo Park have released a new video for their single, Get High (No, I Don’t).
The video is by directorial duo James & James and stars artistic director of Southpaw Dance Company, Robby Graham. “The idea for Get High (No, I Don’t) had been bubbling under the surface for a while,” says the duo. “We’d talked a bunch about theatrical lighting and some kind of dogma style set shoot for a while, too.”
The video sees Robby repeatedly perform a dance that plays out a day-to-day routine, gradually getting more aggravated, before he can fall back into bed again. “When this track landed the rest of the creative quickly clicked. It took about 30 minutes from hearing Get High to having worked up the simple creative of a person rebelling against the structures of society – all choreographed.” James & James has also shared a collection of behind the scenes photographs of the video shoot with It’s Nice That.
The video follows Maximo Park’s previous single, Risk to Existwhere all proceeds from the sale were donated to Migrant Offshore Aid Station. Their politically charged album of the same name will be released 21 April.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU