One of our Ones To Watch for 2017, Amsterdam-based publication MacGuffin, has announced a collaboration with Edenspiekermann. The publication which catalogues and expands upon “The Life of Things,” will collaborate with the creative agency founded by Erik Spiekermann to expand its community and reach a wider audience.
The partnership will use “a distinctive digital experience and smart content strategy” to expand the publication’s reach. “We hope – quite ambitiously – that a good magazine is not aimed at certain readers, but defines a new readership. We’re excited to work with Edenspiekermann to reach this audience,” says MacGuffin’s editor-in-chief Kirsten Algera.
Edenspiekermann believes, “MacGuffin has the potential to become the next iconic art magazine. With our international experience in digital publishing, we can’t wait to contribute to that dream,” explains digital design director Ronnie Besseling.
The magazine’s first two issues are praised for a sharp style and narrative that “focuses on the extraordinary life of an ordinary, often anonymously designed object by exploring the stories it generates”.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books