One of our Ones To Watch for 2017, Amsterdam-based publication MacGuffin, has announced a collaboration with Edenspiekermann. The publication which catalogues and expands upon “The Life of Things,” will collaborate with the creative agency founded by Erik Spiekermann to expand its community and reach a wider audience.
The partnership will use “a distinctive digital experience and smart content strategy” to expand the publication’s reach. “We hope – quite ambitiously – that a good magazine is not aimed at certain readers, but defines a new readership. We’re excited to work with Edenspiekermann to reach this audience,” says MacGuffin’s editor-in-chief Kirsten Algera.
Edenspiekermann believes, “MacGuffin has the potential to become the next iconic art magazine. With our international experience in digital publishing, we can’t wait to contribute to that dream,” explains digital design director Ronnie Besseling.
The magazine’s first two issues are praised for a sharp style and narrative that “focuses on the extraordinary life of an ordinary, often anonymously designed object by exploring the stories it generates”.
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Designer Cindy Kutikova on translating her ideas into a visual language
- “Graphic design of any and every printed matter”: introducing Arc studio
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus