One of our Ones To Watch for 2017, Amsterdam-based publication MacGuffin, has announced a collaboration with Edenspiekermann. The publication which catalogues and expands upon “The Life of Things,” will collaborate with the creative agency founded by Erik Spiekermann to expand its community and reach a wider audience.
The partnership will use “a distinctive digital experience and smart content strategy” to expand the publication’s reach. “We hope – quite ambitiously – that a good magazine is not aimed at certain readers, but defines a new readership. We’re excited to work with Edenspiekermann to reach this audience,” says MacGuffin’s editor-in-chief Kirsten Algera.
Edenspiekermann believes, “MacGuffin has the potential to become the next iconic art magazine. With our international experience in digital publishing, we can’t wait to contribute to that dream,” explains digital design director Ronnie Besseling.
The magazine’s first two issues are praised for a sharp style and narrative that “focuses on the extraordinary life of an ordinary, often anonymously designed object by exploring the stories it generates”.
- Nathaniel Russell adapts his woodcut technique to create positive propaganda posters
- Adobe Stock launches Aesthetic Filters, making image searching even easier
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc