One of our Ones To Watch for 2017, Amsterdam-based publication MacGuffin, has announced a collaboration with Edenspiekermann. The publication which catalogues and expands upon “The Life of Things,” will collaborate with the creative agency founded by Erik Spiekermann to expand its community and reach a wider audience.
The partnership will use “a distinctive digital experience and smart content strategy” to expand the publication’s reach. “We hope – quite ambitiously – that a good magazine is not aimed at certain readers, but defines a new readership. We’re excited to work with Edenspiekermann to reach this audience,” says MacGuffin’s editor-in-chief Kirsten Algera.
Edenspiekermann believes, “MacGuffin has the potential to become the next iconic art magazine. With our international experience in digital publishing, we can’t wait to contribute to that dream,” explains digital design director Ronnie Besseling.
The magazine’s first two issues are praised for a sharp style and narrative that “focuses on the extraordinary life of an ordinary, often anonymously designed object by exploring the stories it generates”.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project