Artist and illustrator Steven Wilson has collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld on a new capsule collection that launches this week. The new line comprises of an embroidered satin bomber jacket, dresses, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans and culottes.
Steven is know for his colour-saturated work and brings his expertise and unmistakable style to the collaboration in a range of bold graphics. The artist chose to develop motifs associated with the brand including Karl himself, his cat Choupette, the brand’s logo, a camera and a pair of sunglasses. Steven’s work provides a shot of colour to the designer’s traditional monochrome aesthetic. Alongside the clothing, the collection launches with an animation that brings the work to life in gloopy, waving renders.
Brighton-based Steven has worked with clients including Converse, Nike, Adidas and Stussy in the fashion world, and says that his work lies “somewhere between pop and psychedelia.”
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again