The video is the second time the two have worked together following Norbert’s VR experience Das Problem der Befahrung des Weltraums for Daydreaming With… Stanley Kubrick, last year’s exhibition at Somerset House co-curated by James. He approached Norbert to work on this latest project to bring his “reputation for innovation and imaginative distortion of convention”.
Filmed using a drone “unleashed” on the American wilderness, the video for The Road travels through desolate landscapes bathed in dramatic light and shadow, navigating a series of scenes from all angles. Director Norbert and executive producer James have applied what they call a “post-apocalyptic sensibility and edit”, producing the film which they say “describes the ever present conflict between natural landscape and human progress”.
Unkle’s album The Road Part 1 is out 23 June 2017.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU