Fashion designer Simon Porte Jacquemus has announced Marseille J’Taime an exhibition, public fashion show and an exclusive book about Marseille by artists from around the world.
The designer announced the exhibition in his triptych Instagram style, displaying a video created with collaborators choreographer Willi Dorner and photographer David Luraschi.
The events will take place in May as part of the OpenMyMed festival in Marseille, close to where the designer grew up in the south of France. The exhibition, Houses and Archives will take place from 12 May at Museum of Contemporary Art, Marseille, until 14 January 2018. The public fashion show, The Santons of Provence will open the following day at the Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean. The book, a series of exclusive images about Marseille, is set for release in 13 May.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again