Fashion designer Simon Porte Jacquemus has announced Marseille J’Taime an exhibition, public fashion show and an exclusive book about Marseille by artists from around the world.
The designer announced the exhibition in his triptych Instagram style, displaying a video created with collaborators choreographer Willi Dorner and photographer David Luraschi.
The events will take place in May as part of the OpenMyMed festival in Marseille, close to where the designer grew up in the south of France. The exhibition, Houses and Archives will take place from 12 May at Museum of Contemporary Art, Marseille, until 14 January 2018. The public fashion show, The Santons of Provence will open the following day at the Museum of Civilizations of Europe and the Mediterranean. The book, a series of exclusive images about Marseille, is set for release in 13 May.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU