Hilarious and charming new work here from Jack Sachs, the young illustrator and animator from south east London who’s just made Maynards Bassetts very fun indeed. Jack was commissioned by Wieden + Kennedy along with nine other creatives to direct and animate a short spot advertising Maynards/Bassetts’ Liquorice Allsorts.
London-based Blinkink oversaw the production of all the spots and it’s the first ad for Liquorice Allsorts in over 20 years. In Jack’s film we see the cheeky little anthropomorphised sweeties bobbing about by a desk in a boring office, enjoying a roundabout and giving it large at a bus stop while a familiar-looking figure paces about waiting for a bus.
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- Grégory Michenaud’s ongoing project sees him explore identity in a Hasidic Jewish community
- Photographer Gilleam Trapenberg explores macho culture against rose-tinted skies in Big Papi
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc