Hilarious and charming new work here from Jack Sachs, the young illustrator and animator from south east London who’s just made Maynards Bassetts very fun indeed. Jack was commissioned by Wieden + Kennedy along with nine other creatives to direct and animate a short spot advertising Maynards/Bassetts’ Liquorice Allsorts.
London-based Blinkink oversaw the production of all the spots and it’s the first ad for Liquorice Allsorts in over 20 years. In Jack’s film we see the cheeky little anthropomorphised sweeties bobbing about by a desk in a boring office, enjoying a roundabout and giving it large at a bus stop while a familiar-looking figure paces about waiting for a bus.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again