Hilarious and charming new work here from Jack Sachs, the young illustrator and animator from south east London who’s just made Maynards Bassetts very fun indeed. Jack was commissioned by Wieden + Kennedy along with nine other creatives to direct and animate a short spot advertising Maynards/Bassetts’ Liquorice Allsorts.
London-based Blinkink oversaw the production of all the spots and it’s the first ad for Liquorice Allsorts in over 20 years. In Jack’s film we see the cheeky little anthropomorphised sweeties bobbing about by a desk in a boring office, enjoying a roundabout and giving it large at a bus stop while a familiar-looking figure paces about waiting for a bus.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris