Ikea has commissioned Jean Jullien and 11 other international illustrators for a series of prints to go on sale in store for £10 per piece. The limited edition collection is for the retailer’s Art Event 2017, which aims to “make great art accessible to everyone”.
Jean’s piece, titled Shelfie, aims to reflect our attachment to our possessions, a typically tongue-in-cheek response to a brief from a home product retailer. The illustration shows a man mid-yoga-pose with books, cups and other desktop paraphernalia balanced on his limbs. “I hope the name of the piece can speak for itself,” he says. “The things that we possess end up possessing us.”
French-Polish Joanna Concejo has illustrated a highly intricate and delicate piece showing various creatures amid a table full of flowers. Around a table is about the table in a family home, a “witness every day to all of our stories, both happy and sad”.
The range also includes artworks by Steven Harrington, Kevin Lyons, Ragnar Persson, Amit Greenberg, Hell’O, Amandine Urruty, Micha Payer and Martin Gabriel, Koen Taselaar, Hahan and Yasuto Sasada.
Each print will be 61cm x 91cm and available in store from April.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again