In the wake of Gumtree’s rebrand a couple of weeks ago, the classifieds website has now launched a TV ad to sit alongside its brand refresh. The spot will be broadcast from today (18 January) and sees a father buying a piano for his daughter through Gumtree. The viewer is taken on a journey showing what this could mean for her and shows the world of opportunities that are available.
Created by London agency Fold7 the campaign’s strapline is “Opportunity starts on Gumtree,” and this ad will be the first in a series created by the agency. Hannah Wilson, head of marketing at Gumtree says: “Our previous campaigns have focused on the fact that we are local, free and easy. We’re excited to now show the emotional relationship people have using Gumtree.”
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again