In the wake of Gumtree’s rebrand a couple of weeks ago, the classifieds website has now launched a TV ad to sit alongside its brand refresh. The spot will be broadcast from today (18 January) and sees a father buying a piano for his daughter through Gumtree. The viewer is taken on a journey showing what this could mean for her and shows the world of opportunities that are available.
Created by London agency Fold7 the campaign’s strapline is “Opportunity starts on Gumtree,” and this ad will be the first in a series created by the agency. Hannah Wilson, head of marketing at Gumtree says: “Our previous campaigns have focused on the fact that we are local, free and easy. We’re excited to now show the emotional relationship people have using Gumtree.”
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label