Graphic designer Jonathan Barnbrook, musician and designer Andrew Savage, and director Romain Gavras are among the nominees for the Grammys 2017.
Jonathan has been nominated for Best Recording Package for his design of David Bowie’s Blackstar album. Andrew has also been nominated in this category for the cover of Human Performance by his band Parquet Courts. The other nominees are Ciarra Pardo and Robyn Fenty for Rihanna’s ANTI album cover; Sarah Dodds and Shauna Dodds for Reckless Kelly’s Sunset Motel artwork; and Eric Timothy Carlson for Bon Iver’s 22, A Millionartwork.
The video for Jamie xx’s Gosh, directed by Romain Gavras, has been nominated for Best Music Video. The category also includes the video for Beyoncé’s Formation directed by Melina Matsoukas and Leon Bridges’ River video, directed by Miles Jay.
Jonathan Barnbrook is speaking at this month’s Nicer Tuesdays.
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Photographer Adrian Samson plays with space and perspective in this series of “still lifes”
- Photographer Sophie Green captures pagans at Stonehenge's summer solstice
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design