Free Comic Book Day has announced the full list of titles that will be given away at next year’s event. The line-up features comics from Drawn & Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Oni Press and Nobrow, amid major, renowned publishers. These include Archie Comics and Matt Groening’s Bongo Comics, plus mainstream comic franchises from DC Comics and Dark Horse.
The international event will see 50 titles given away for free at comic book stores around the world.
Nobrow has put forward Hilda’s Back, with a cover illustrated by Luke Pearson. Drawn & Quarterly is releasing a special edition of Colourful Monsters and sneak previews of comics by Brigitte Findakly and Lewis Trondheim, and Guy Delisle.
Fantagraphics is publishing a FCBD edition of a book dedicated to Noah Van Sciver. Oni Press is releasing an edition of Bad Machinery by John Allison, as well as a comic book depiction of Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty.
Free Comic Book Day takes place on 6 May 2017.
- Cheer Up Luv: the photography project sharing womens' experiences with sexual harassment
- “Bold, concise, minimalist and sometimes abstract”: a look at Jeong Hwa Min’s new illustrative approach
- Patrik Mollwing’s illustrations and wigglegrams depict a cast of colourful characters
- Between the pages of Polanski’s suburbia-themed sixth issue
- Hacking Heidelberg: how Erik Spiekermann came to reinvent the printing process
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU