Free Comic Book Day has announced the full list of titles that will be given away at next year’s event. The line-up features comics from Drawn & Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Oni Press and Nobrow, amid major, renowned publishers. These include Archie Comics and Matt Groening’s Bongo Comics, plus mainstream comic franchises from DC Comics and Dark Horse.
The international event will see 50 titles given away for free at comic book stores around the world.
Nobrow has put forward Hilda’s Back, with a cover illustrated by Luke Pearson. Drawn & Quarterly is releasing a special edition of Colourful Monsters and sneak previews of comics by Brigitte Findakly and Lewis Trondheim, and Guy Delisle.
Fantagraphics is publishing a FCBD edition of a book dedicated to Noah Van Sciver. Oni Press is releasing an edition of Bad Machinery by John Allison, as well as a comic book depiction of Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty.
Free Comic Book Day takes place on 6 May 2017.
- Parterre de Rois: the Black issue features Anish Kapoor and Nina Chanel Abney
- Noah Beckwith’s experimental approach to his “stream-of-consciousness” posters
- Talya Modlin shares illustrated gems from her sketchbook
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors
- The exploratory and exciting typefaces of Out of the Dark
- MullenLowe Group’s Global Creative Officer José Miguel Sokoloff on judging CSM's degree shows
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris