Free Comic Book Day has announced the full list of titles that will be given away at next year’s event. The line-up features comics from Drawn & Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Oni Press and Nobrow, amid major, renowned publishers. These include Archie Comics and Matt Groening’s Bongo Comics, plus mainstream comic franchises from DC Comics and Dark Horse.
The international event will see 50 titles given away for free at comic book stores around the world.
Nobrow has put forward Hilda’s Back, with a cover illustrated by Luke Pearson. Drawn & Quarterly is releasing a special edition of Colourful Monsters and sneak previews of comics by Brigitte Findakly and Lewis Trondheim, and Guy Delisle.
Fantagraphics is publishing a FCBD edition of a book dedicated to Noah Van Sciver. Oni Press is releasing an edition of Bad Machinery by John Allison, as well as a comic book depiction of Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty.
Free Comic Book Day takes place on 6 May 2017.
- Helen Eunhwa Oh’s vivid illustrations draw the eccentricities from everyday life
- Diane Deschenaux’s abstract images explore Switzerland's farming industry
- Is postgraduate study right for you? A handy guide to help you decide
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy