Photographers Francesca Allen and Maisie Cousins will launch a joint exhibition this evening (9 February 2017). I Feel Sick / Hot Flush, is the first time the pair have displayed their work together. The exhibition will take place at KK Outlet, London, until 27 February. Each photographer will take a room of KK Outlet to transform into, “their own celebration of sex, pleasure and freedom”.
“We meet the work of the photographers at a point in their lives where there is a sense of coming of age – a phrase traditionally associated with puberty – but something that perhaps becomes more relevant as a young woman,” says KK Outlet. “Throughout their images they’re exploring the female body with defiant sexuality and a feeling of anxious excitement.”
Within the exhibition Francesca will showcase a series of portraits, displaying powerful women embracing sexual freedom. Maisie’s work displays her collages that incomparably balance tension and humour. “There’s a huge sense of fun, rebelliousness and self-assuredness – the women in the work are in control”.
The exhibition runs from 10 – 27 February, more information can be found here.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors