Photographers Francesca Allen and Maisie Cousins will launch a joint exhibition this evening (9 February 2017). I Feel Sick / Hot Flush, is the first time the pair have displayed their work together. The exhibition will take place at KK Outlet, London, until 27 February. Each photographer will take a room of KK Outlet to transform into, “their own celebration of sex, pleasure and freedom”.
“We meet the work of the photographers at a point in their lives where there is a sense of coming of age – a phrase traditionally associated with puberty – but something that perhaps becomes more relevant as a young woman,” says KK Outlet. “Throughout their images they’re exploring the female body with defiant sexuality and a feeling of anxious excitement.”
Within the exhibition Francesca will showcase a series of portraits, displaying powerful women embracing sexual freedom. Maisie’s work displays her collages that incomparably balance tension and humour. “There’s a huge sense of fun, rebelliousness and self-assuredness – the women in the work are in control”.
The exhibition runs from 10 – 27 February, more information can be found here.
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- From admirer to employee: The New York Times Magazine designer Ben Grandgenett
- Amina Bouajila’s illustrations flit between reality and limbo in colourful hues
- Rufus Newell uses curves and scribbles to depict Greek gods and heroes
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know