Acne Studios have enlisted two creatively significant names to showcase their Women’s pre-Fall collection this year, including Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream modelling, photographed by the masterful lens of Colin Dodgson.
“I have always been interested in the self-expression clothing can give,” says Jonny Johansson, creative director of Acne Studios. “Often, I’ve been inspired by the self-expression of musicians. As I was finalising this collection, I realised I’d designed a look for Bobby Gillespie.”
With items of clothing that mix vintage finds with pieces of character, Acne Studios have created a universal and unisex wardrobe. Shot in Colin’s serenely natural style, the campaign presents an ideal partnership of icons, clothing and photography.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label