Acne Studios have enlisted two creatively significant names to showcase their Women’s pre-Fall collection this year, including Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream modelling, photographed by the masterful lens of Colin Dodgson.
“I have always been interested in the self-expression clothing can give,” says Jonny Johansson, creative director of Acne Studios. “Often, I’ve been inspired by the self-expression of musicians. As I was finalising this collection, I realised I’d designed a look for Bobby Gillespie.”
With items of clothing that mix vintage finds with pieces of character, Acne Studios have created a universal and unisex wardrobe. Shot in Colin’s serenely natural style, the campaign presents an ideal partnership of icons, clothing and photography.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors