Royal Mail has revealed it will release a range of stamps in tribute to David Bowie, featuring six of his most iconic album artworks. The covers are shown as vinyl sleeves on a white background, with an image of the vinyl itself emerging from the sleeve, which forms part of the shape of the stamp.
The album list includes Hunky Dory (1971), Aladdin Sane (1973), Heroes (1977), Let’s Dance (1983), Earthling (1997) and ★ (2016).
This is the latest in Royal Mail’s series of Music Giants stamp sets. In 2016 it released a similar range dedicated to Pink Floyd.
The range will be released on 14 March 2017 along with a range of prints and other souvenir ephemera, including a limited edition, framed giclee print of the Heroes stamp artwork. There is also a separate stamp sheet that features photos of David Bowie on four different live tours, including The Ziggy Stardust Tour (1973).
The stamp set alone is £6.48 and is available for pre-order.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s