Royal Mail has revealed it will release a range of stamps in tribute to David Bowie, featuring six of his most iconic album artworks. The covers are shown as vinyl sleeves on a white background, with an image of the vinyl itself emerging from the sleeve, which forms part of the shape of the stamp.
The album list includes Hunky Dory (1971), Aladdin Sane (1973), Heroes (1977), Let’s Dance (1983), Earthling (1997) and ★ (2016).
This is the latest in Royal Mail’s series of Music Giants stamp sets. In 2016 it released a similar range dedicated to Pink Floyd.
The range will be released on 14 March 2017 along with a range of prints and other souvenir ephemera, including a limited edition, framed giclee print of the Heroes stamp artwork. There is also a separate stamp sheet that features photos of David Bowie on four different live tours, including The Ziggy Stardust Tour (1973).
The stamp set alone is £6.48 and is available for pre-order.
- Chaz Bundick talks us through the new digitally personable Company website
- Animator Frances Haszard’s gender neutral breakup story
- Photographer Norman Behrendt depicts Turkey’s majestic mosques
- Explore North Korean graphic ephemera in Phaidon’s new book
- “Have a process you can apply to any situation, space or time”: what we learned from Converse’s Lovejoy Art Benefit
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books