Following in the footsteps of the Epic Strut and Colin the builder, Mother London has released its latest ad for price comparison site Money Supermarket. The advert focuses on Gary, a bodyguard, who body pops his way through a crowd to the tune of Duck Sauce track Big Bad Wolf. Gary is played by Tony Wesley, who was part of the New York City Breakers, a legendary hip-hop crew from the 80s that went from dancing on the streets of the Bronx to performing at the White House.
The film was directed by Andreas Nilsson of Biscuit Filmworks and the dance was choreographed by Vince Paterson. Creative directors Kyle Harman-Turner and Martin Rose from Mother London said: "We’ve had an epic bottom, an epic builder and now, an epic body popper. The next iteration of the You’re So MoneySuperMarket campaign combines a legendary street dancer from the 1980s with Michael Jackson’s choreographer.”
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again