Following in the footsteps of the Epic Strut and Colin the builder, Mother London has released its latest ad for price comparison site Money Supermarket. The advert focuses on Gary, a bodyguard, who body pops his way through a crowd to the tune of Duck Sauce track Big Bad Wolf. Gary is played by Tony Wesley, who was part of the New York City Breakers, a legendary hip-hop crew from the 80s that went from dancing on the streets of the Bronx to performing at the White House.
The film was directed by Andreas Nilsson of Biscuit Filmworks and the dance was choreographed by Vince Paterson. Creative directors Kyle Harman-Turner and Martin Rose from Mother London said: "We’ve had an epic bottom, an epic builder and now, an epic body popper. The next iteration of the You’re So MoneySuperMarket campaign combines a legendary street dancer from the 1980s with Michael Jackson’s choreographer.”
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label