Ad agency BETC Paris has created this promo for French broadcaster Canal+ about a man’s fandom for his football team. The spot has been created to advertise the channel’s exclusive broadcast rights for the Marseille Vs Paris Saint Germain football match and introduces a Marseille supporter like no other.
The Fan goes to every home game and his house is filled with football merchandise in the team’s blue and white colours. Working as a steward though it means he’s never actually seen Marseille play as he’s always keeping his eye on the crowd. Thoughtfully told, with just enough a humour to take it away from being twee and cheesy, the ad ends with his daughter showing him Canal+’s coverage on her iPad while the match plays out behind him.
Just last month, BETC Paris also created Cillit Bang’s latest ad, which ousted spokesperson Barry Scott in favour of a dancing mechanic.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again