On April 1, Calvin Klein will launch a new line: Calvin Klein by Appointment. Handmade in New York, the line marks a departure for the iconic American brand, giving the previously celebrity by-appointment service its own made-to-measure line. Spanning embroidery to tailoring, the collection is a tribute to the Calvin Klein atelier.
Raf Simons, Chief Creative Officer of Calvin Klein explained “Calvin Klein is not only about iconic underwear and jeans – it’s about so much more.”
“Calvin Klein By Appointment 1-14 is very much about celebrating the American woman and American fashion.” “It is driven by character; it’s about a woman feeling empowered and being her own person in what she wears,” said Pieter Mulier, Calvin Klein’s Creative Director.
The 14-look collection has been photographed by Willy Vanderperre and styled by Olivier Rizzo for a campaign across newspapers, billboards and internet.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s