Björn Borg has unveiled a new “retro space inspired” collection with a surreal gym-based ad campaign. The Swedish fashion label, which takes the name of its ex tennis player founder, has previously specialised in underwear, and this new range comprises 85 garments, each of which is unique according to the brand.
The campaign, directed by Nils Ljunggren, is formed of one 90-second film and seven strange 15-second shorts, which star Xu Box, the mother-and-daughter duo DJ Mimi Xu and her artist daughter Maily Beyrens. To a techno soundtrack, we see the pair perform all sorts of unusual exercises, ranging from standard leg-lifts to that thing you do when you pretend someone else is giving you a cuddle by turning round and caressing your own back.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again