Another Man has released the theme and cover stars of its SS17 issue, Sonic Universe.
The line-up includes Oliver Sim of The XX and twin brothers George and Jack Barnett of These New Puritans, photographed by Alasdair McLellan and styled by creative director Alister Mackie. The third cover sees photographer Ethan James Green shoot Faris Badwan of The Horrors and Cat’s Eyes, while artist Elizabeth Peyton has painted a special cover of Iceage frontman Elias Bender Rønnenfelt.
As well as the four alternate cover stars the Sonic Universe issue includes Jarvis Cocker on the collective dreams world of Carl Jung’s The Red Book, Wild Daughter’s James Jeanette meeting Robert Mapplethorpe’s muse David Croland, and Lias Saoudi of The Fat White Family introducing his Moonlandingz alter-ego ‘Johnny Rocket’.
The issue also includes a 32-page “psychedelic document” featuring a tour in London’s College of Psychic Studies, the Dali of Danish jewellery and “a mad scientist who dropped acid with dolphins”.
The issue is available from 24 March.
- Meet the speakers: Hollie Fernando, Andrew Rae, Raine Allen-Miller and Random International
- Political illustrator Ellie Foreman-Peck on her unfortunately abundant Trump back catalogue
- Deep Throat Studio, a graphic design practice with a name and portfolio to grab your attention
- Photographer David Gomez Maestre captures the romance of sun-blushed landscapes
- ECAL grad Jean-Vincent Simonet’s “totally twisted” image-making
- Benedict Brink is shaking up fashion photography
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU