Annie Leibovitz has photographed British prime minister Theresa May for US Vogue. She will become the first British prime minister to feature on the cover, though Margaret Thatcher was photographed four times for the magazine during her time in office.
The renowned American photographer has also previously shot Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton for the magazine. She is known for her long-running photo series Women, and for being the first woman to hold a show at the National Portrait Gallery.
The shoot took place last week at Theresa May’s country retreat, Chequers, Downing Street has confirmed. A spokesperson said the issue will come out in April.
Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of US Vogue was made a dame in the New Year Honours list 2017.
- Fatima Al Qadiri is mono.kultur magazine’s latest muse
- Michael DeForge’s mysterious, ominous illustrations
- Jesús Sotés folkish work draws darker themes into his commercial illustration
- Alex Blouin shoots petrolheads at Canada’s biggest car show
- Designer Cindy Kutikova on translating her ideas into a visual language
- “Graphic design of any and every printed matter”: introducing Arc studio
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Design, Revolt, Rainbow: the pioneering work of graphic designer Willy Fleckhaus