RSA’s Black Dog films have announced a new video for James Blake track My Willing Heart. Directed by Anna Rose Holmer, the music video features a heavily pregnant Natalie Portman.
Shot in black and white, My Willing Heart follows Natalie as she floats aimlessly underwater and sits on a bed, deep in contemplation, a slow-moving portrait of the last days of pregnancy. The track’s melancholy undertones are transformed into something more uplifting as we watch the actress play with a young boy and trace the curve of her swollen stomach with her finger tips.
My Willing Heart follows documentary Two Ways To Sunday and 2015 feature film The Fits to take it’s place as Anna’s third piece of work as a director. Although the American director and writer has a string of film credits which stretch back to 2005 ranging from assistant camera to grip, camera operator to stills photography, My Willing Heart is Anna’s first music video to date.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again