RSA’s Black Dog films have announced a new video for James Blake track My Willing Heart. Directed by Anna Rose Holmer, the music video features a heavily pregnant Natalie Portman.
Shot in black and white, My Willing Heart follows Natalie as she floats aimlessly underwater and sits on a bed, deep in contemplation, a slow-moving portrait of the last days of pregnancy. The track’s melancholy undertones are transformed into something more uplifting as we watch the actress play with a young boy and trace the curve of her swollen stomach with her finger tips.
My Willing Heart follows documentary Two Ways To Sunday and 2015 feature film The Fits to take it’s place as Anna’s third piece of work as a director. Although the American director and writer has a string of film credits which stretch back to 2005 ranging from assistant camera to grip, camera operator to stills photography, My Willing Heart is Anna’s first music video to date.
- Helen Eunhwa Oh’s vivid illustrations draw the eccentricities from everyday life
- Diane Deschenaux’s abstract images explore Switzerland's farming industry
- Is postgraduate study right for you? A handy guide to help you decide
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy