Animation studio Animade and KK Outlet have teamed up to create an interactive A-Z of modern London for hotel chain Citizen M. The collaboration has seen the creation of 26 irreverent and cheeky animations of the “most iconic, lovable and annoying things” about the capital.
Clicking on any key will cause an animated short to pop up covering everything from greedy City bankers to artisan coffee, grime nights and dodgy chicken shops.
“Like the best of British humour it’s self-depreciative and irreverent and manages to include the favourite topic of British conversation – the weather,” say the creators.
Click here to try out the interactive keyboard for yourself.
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for MailChimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris