Photographer Alasdair McLellan has selected over 40 photographs for an exhibition with British fashion designer Margaret Howell to coincide with London Fashion Week.
Alasdair has chosen images from an early Margaret Howell campaign in 2004, as well as other images taken between 2011-2017. The photographs were shot on location in the UK for the designer’s brochures and advertising imagery. The exhibition, which will take place at the Margaret Howell shop in London, will include previously unseen images along with SS17 photographs.
The designer says of the collaboration with Alasdair: “I know what I want our photo campaigns to achieve, and Alasdair knows how to achieve it. I drag him off to unglamorous locations in England with our precarious weather, but I think he has come to trust my choices as I trust his eye that works tirelessly to get just the right picture. His judgement, vision and tenacity makes for a valuable partnership.”
Alasdair adds: “Margaret is great to work with. She has a very distinct vision of the British Isles. We have shot all over from Devil’s Dyke in the South Downs to Crystal Palace Sports Centre… She loves it when the weather is typically British. She understands that this is the way the country happens to be and goes with it.”
The exhibition opens Friday 17 February and runs until Sunday 19 March 2017 at Margaret Howell shop, 34 Wigmore Street, London WIU 2RS.
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos