Photographer Alasdair McLellan has selected over 40 photographs for an exhibition with British fashion designer Margaret Howell to coincide with London Fashion Week.
Alasdair has chosen images from an early Margaret Howell campaign in 2004, as well as other images taken between 2011-2017. The photographs were shot on location in the UK for the designer’s brochures and advertising imagery. The exhibition, which will take place at the Margaret Howell shop in London, will include previously unseen images along with SS17 photographs.
The designer says of the collaboration with Alasdair: “I know what I want our photo campaigns to achieve, and Alasdair knows how to achieve it. I drag him off to unglamorous locations in England with our precarious weather, but I think he has come to trust my choices as I trust his eye that works tirelessly to get just the right picture. His judgement, vision and tenacity makes for a valuable partnership.”
Alasdair adds: “Margaret is great to work with. She has a very distinct vision of the British Isles. We have shot all over from Devil’s Dyke in the South Downs to Crystal Palace Sports Centre… She loves it when the weather is typically British. She understands that this is the way the country happens to be and goes with it.”
The exhibition opens Friday 17 February and runs until Sunday 19 March 2017 at Margaret Howell shop, 34 Wigmore Street, London WIU 2RS.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again