A$AP Rocky has been named creative director of MTV Labs, an incubator within MTV’s parent company Viacom. Rocky will have full access to the company’s resources, including its production facilities, to create original content for MTV and branded content for advertisers.
According to a release from Viacom, the Harlem-born rapper will be experimenting with new formats as well as existing MTV intellectual property.
The partnership brings together A$AP Rocky’s own creative company AWGE and Viacom Velocity, the conglomerate’s in-house agency.
“MTV is a name we grew up with,” Rocky says, “everyone knows them as innovators and champions of building artists’ careers.”
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU