A$AP Rocky has been named creative director of MTV Labs, an incubator within MTV’s parent company Viacom. Rocky will have full access to the company’s resources, including its production facilities, to create original content for MTV and branded content for advertisers.
According to a release from Viacom, the Harlem-born rapper will be experimenting with new formats as well as existing MTV intellectual property.
The partnership brings together A$AP Rocky’s own creative company AWGE and Viacom Velocity, the conglomerate’s in-house agency.
“MTV is a name we grew up with,” Rocky says, “everyone knows them as innovators and champions of building artists’ careers.”
- Helen Eunhwa Oh’s vivid illustrations draw the eccentricities from everyday life
- Diane Deschenaux’s abstract images explore Switzerland's farming industry
- Is postgraduate study right for you? A handy guide to help you decide
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy