On 26 November Article 25, the leading architectural aid charity, will auction off 100 artworks created by leading and emerging architects and designers at the RIBA in London. Titled 10×10, the event takes its name from a grid laid over an area of London, with each contributor assigned a square. This year the artists will focus on Brixton and have been asked to explore human interaction in the area rather than the built environment, “to portray the cultural diversity that makes Brixton so special.”
This year’s participants include Anthony Gormley, Zaha Hadid Architects, Charles Holland, Richard Meier, Rafael Viñoly, Karl Singaporewala, Wolfgang Buttress, Peter Murray, Sam Jacob, Jock McFadyen, Tom Hunter, Antoni Malinowksi, Will Alsop and Eva Jiricna.
Sunand Prasad, Article 25′s Chair of Trustees, said: "This year’s 10×10 event will once again be held at the home of British architecture, the RIBA, with wonderful sketches, drawings, paintings, photographs and 3D work up for the highest bid. Every pound raised by 10×10 is multiplied by Article 25 and its in-country partners to provide a far more valuable improvement in life chances in some of the most vulnerable communities around the world. I am confident that with a growing number of supporters we can make 10×10 2016 the best yet”.
The 10×10 auction will be hosted at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London on the evening of the 29 November 2016.
- Damien Maloney talks about how he became a "self-taught hobbyist photographer"
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos