On 26 November Article 25, the leading architectural aid charity, will auction off 100 artworks created by leading and emerging architects and designers at the RIBA in London. Titled 10×10, the event takes its name from a grid laid over an area of London, with each contributor assigned a square. This year the artists will focus on Brixton and have been asked to explore human interaction in the area rather than the built environment, “to portray the cultural diversity that makes Brixton so special.”
This year’s participants include Anthony Gormley, Zaha Hadid Architects, Charles Holland, Richard Meier, Rafael Viñoly, Karl Singaporewala, Wolfgang Buttress, Peter Murray, Sam Jacob, Jock McFadyen, Tom Hunter, Antoni Malinowksi, Will Alsop and Eva Jiricna.
Sunand Prasad, Article 25′s Chair of Trustees, said: "This year’s 10×10 event will once again be held at the home of British architecture, the RIBA, with wonderful sketches, drawings, paintings, photographs and 3D work up for the highest bid. Every pound raised by 10×10 is multiplied by Article 25 and its in-country partners to provide a far more valuable improvement in life chances in some of the most vulnerable communities around the world. I am confident that with a growing number of supporters we can make 10×10 2016 the best yet”.
The 10×10 auction will be hosted at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London on the evening of the 29 November 2016.
- Parallel Teeth's cheery world of egg eyes, animated cut-outs and weird illustrated characters
- Will Dohrn directs dreamy video “Ribbons” for Club Kuru
- Inès Longevial’s deliciously rich geometric paintings
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know