On 26 November Article 25, the leading architectural aid charity, will auction off 100 artworks created by leading and emerging architects and designers at the RIBA in London. Titled 10×10, the event takes its name from a grid laid over an area of London, with each contributor assigned a square. This year the artists will focus on Brixton and have been asked to explore human interaction in the area rather than the built environment, “to portray the cultural diversity that makes Brixton so special.”
This year’s participants include Anthony Gormley, Zaha Hadid Architects, Charles Holland, Richard Meier, Rafael Viñoly, Karl Singaporewala, Wolfgang Buttress, Peter Murray, Sam Jacob, Jock McFadyen, Tom Hunter, Antoni Malinowksi, Will Alsop and Eva Jiricna.
Sunand Prasad, Article 25′s Chair of Trustees, said: "This year’s 10×10 event will once again be held at the home of British architecture, the RIBA, with wonderful sketches, drawings, paintings, photographs and 3D work up for the highest bid. Every pound raised by 10×10 is multiplied by Article 25 and its in-country partners to provide a far more valuable improvement in life chances in some of the most vulnerable communities around the world. I am confident that with a growing number of supporters we can make 10×10 2016 the best yet”.
The 10×10 auction will be hosted at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London on the evening of the 29 November 2016.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project