Good week for the It’s Nice That post mat – Things got stuck into the beautiful game, made a glorious music cover, nabbed a superhero couple with flying colours, admired what the Latvians are building and looked at pop stars staring into sunsets. Let’s see how this played out…
Nicky Inchenko: 90
Nicky Inchenko made this fantastic little green football booklet. Crammed with line drawings of players in action and doubling as a very nice poster when unfolded, it’s a delightful memento of some classic footballing moments. This is only the highlights version – the original is 90 pages long! Nicky has also made life-size painted Chicago Bulls that are worth a look.
DR.ME: Dutch Uncle’s Out Of Touch In The Wild
DR.ME’s artwork for the Dutch Uncle’s latest record makes a great track into a beautiful object. Looks excellent and feels so good to hold.
Happy Lovers Town: Super Heroes
These are great. Colourful, simple, healthily plump superheroes from Happy Lovers Town. Fun to work out the angle of those red feet.
Lukabuka: Process 3. Jaunā arhitektūra Latvijā
Jaunā arhitektūra Latvijā is the third book in the Process series looking at New Architecture in Latvia. Edited by Ieva Zībārte and designed very nicely by Edgars Zvirgzdiņš it’s full of beautiful photographs documenting current architectural practice and education in the country. Fascinating stuff.
Tom Oldham: Portraits
This is a collection of Tom Oldham’s snaps of pop stars looking cool. Music photography is always interesting, whatever you think of the set-ups. With the right light and barely a blemish in sight, it’s interesting to pick apart the layers of presentation in these shots.
- Parallel Teeth's cheery world of egg eyes, animated cut-outs and weird illustrated characters
- Will Dohrn directs dreamy video “Ribbons” for Club Kuru
- Inès Longevial’s deliciously rich geometric paintings
- Illustrator Richard Ellis’ joyfully large-breasted and bare-bottomed characters
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a “bootleg” book
- Bohuy Kim’s “strange but splendid” poster designs
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know