Slick and glossy, the work of Romain Lenancker never fails to make us swoon. We featured the art director’s work last year and his still life setups of cosmetics, ice and slinky tubes instantly captured that luxe feeling. This latest update sees Romain continue to execute his mastery in various projects that spotlight orb-like perfume bottles, graphic eye shadows and textured paint tubes.
It’s Nice That art director Jamie McIntyre, a champion of Romain’s originality and approach, says: “In the world of art direction and set design there’s a recurring trend of raw materials on bright Colorama to make abstract compositions, so it’s refreshing to see Romain continue to set the bar by exploring new methods of image making that are unfamiliar and unexpected.”
Working with different photographers and materials means Romain’s work feels exciting and effortlessly cool. His work becomes rich, polished and decadently sophisticated by presenting high-end accessories in a way that elevates them to beautiful works of art.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU