We’ve long championed Melbourne-based photography publication This is the Same Ocean – and with good reason. Curated, edited and published by Samuel J Davidson and designed since issue five by Dutch graphic designer Marijn Degenaar, This Is The Same Ocean is now in its sixth issue and looking even better than ever.
This time round, This is The Same Ocean features a softly shot monochrome portrait as its cover from Foam Talent Heikki Kaski. Filling the inside pages are dreamy, laid-back images that have us lusting after summer from photographers Tine Bek, Shannon May Powell, Lola Paprocka and Victoria Zschommler, Kaski, plus an appearance from editor Samuel J Davison (because if you can’t star in your own magazine, well, what’s the point?). Working with print studio Dawn Press, Samuel tells us: “This Is The Same Ocean’s production methods continue to evolve, with issue six featuring a combination of three and four-colour Risograph prints”.
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris