We’ve long championed Melbourne-based photography publication This is the Same Ocean – and with good reason. Curated, edited and published by Samuel J Davidson and designed since issue five by Dutch graphic designer Marijn Degenaar, This Is The Same Ocean is now in its sixth issue and looking even better than ever.
This time round, This is The Same Ocean features a softly shot monochrome portrait as its cover from Foam Talent Heikki Kaski. Filling the inside pages are dreamy, laid-back images that have us lusting after summer from photographers Tine Bek, Shannon May Powell, Lola Paprocka and Victoria Zschommler, Kaski, plus an appearance from editor Samuel J Davison (because if you can’t star in your own magazine, well, what’s the point?). Working with print studio Dawn Press, Samuel tells us: “This Is The Same Ocean’s production methods continue to evolve, with issue six featuring a combination of three and four-colour Risograph prints”.
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborn portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Lili des Bellons illustrates a fluoro world of monsters and robots
- Type tells Tales: Steven Heller and Gail Anderson explore the performative traits of type
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again