Spanish creative studio Querida creates work that in many ways reflects Barcelona, the city it inhabits. A mix of the classic and contemporary, the digital and physical, Querida multitasks creatively, creating website designs, numerous publications and branding projects.
A recent project from the studio, Greetings from Yosigo caught our eye for two main reasons. The first is the choice of yellow, so bright it immediately reminds you of the best kind of naff postcard you buy on holiday and then your eyes adjust to a pretty raunchy nude photograph on it’s cover! The content inside the book is a photographic essay of Spain, created as “a reflection on Spanish culture by talented Barcelona-based photographer Yosigo,” Querida explains. The narrative of Yosigo’s photography takes you on a Spanish journey, from the sun, sea and waterparks to bums and bars, completing in Benidorm.
A new project from Querida is the current issue of Perdiz, a publication whose ethos we can relate to as “a magazine that focuses on the things that make people happy”. This issue sees the studio collaborate again with photographer and Here 2017 speaker Carlota Guerrero, on a cover story exploring “ecosexuals”. Inside the issue you can also find “a fire-breathing entomologist who runs a flea circus,” and an interview with the founder of chess boxing. The unfamiliar but spirited content that Perdiz features is amalgamated into a neat and impressively bi-lingual magazine by Querida.
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design