It’s that time again, when we at It’s Nice That blow your minds with our kind-of-lame lame, yet paradoxically pretty spectacular playlists. This month our theme is Journeys, which has inspired the studio to dredge 24 fantastic songs out of their memories for your listening pleasure.
From songs that reminded us of “sitting in the back of my parents’ Triumph driving to Spain” to some CDs that were only listened to because they got jammed in car stereos, to reggae-loving taxi drivers and lyrics like “Do you speak-a my language?, He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich” I think we can all agree that there are a lot of tracks out there that remind us of journeys.
So which ones made the cut? Find out via this link or listen below.
- ManvsMachine on its hugely diverse campaign for Air Max Day
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- Illustrator Ram Han’s Alice in Wonderland dreamscape
- Ikea uses ASMR technology in 25-minute, tingle inducing advert
- Designs of the Year 2017 shortlist includes Wolfgang Tillmans’ Remain campaign, the Refugee flag and Me & EU