We’re going to keep celebrating the launch of the Winter issue of Printed Pages until we’re vomiting sand, so you’d better get used to it. At least in this celebration you get the added treat of music, sweet music. For this issue we commissioned It’s Nice That Graduate and all-round talented, magical man Edward Monaghan to create a visual mixtape for us. He selected five of his favourite songs and set about illustrating each one with spectacular results.
We’ve handed over the task of curating Friday’s online mixtape to him this week, so close your eyes, light the patchouli candle, take your shoes off and hand over your brain to the ghost of Syd Barrett. Edward’s about to open up your mind. Enjoy!
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books